Advertising Payment Policy
The purpose of this notice is to inform and clarify Smoke Signals payment terms and policy regarding payments for advertisements placed in our print publication or posted on our website bigcanoenews.com.
- New advertisers will be asked to pay for the first ad in advance of publication. Payment is due immediately upon approval of the ad proof or by the published ad deadline, whichever is later. Ads for which payment is due and has not been received within four (4) days following the ad deadline may, at the sole discretion of Smoke Signals, be cancelled.
- For established advertisers, payment terms are:
- Invoices will be sent on or near the first business day of the month that the ad is in print or posted online.
- Payment due date is noted under ‘Terms” on the front of the invoice.
- Payment is expected to be received before the next ad will be accepted.
- If any charges owed are outstanding longer than thirty (30) days past the due date on the original invoice, no additional ads will be accepted until the entire balance is paid in full. Future ads may require payment in advance.
- An authorized print ad cancelled more than four (4) days after the published ad deadline may, at the sole discretion of Smoke Signals, be billed as if the ad had run. An authorized online ad cancelled at any time after it has been approved will be billed for the full month during which the ad was scheduled to be posted.
- Any claim for adjustment must be received within thirty (30) days of publication date.
- Payment can be made by check or credit card.
- To pay by check, make it payable to Smoke Signals. Indicate on the memo line the invoice number(s) being paid.
- To pay by credit card, go to bigcanoenews.com and under the “Advertise” link on the top toolbar, select either (1) “Pay for your ad online” (via PayPal) or (2) “Credit Card Authorization Form” (print and complete).
- Mail check or Credit Card Authorization form to 11293 Big Canoe, Jasper, GA 30143.