Leadership Big Canoe to host reception July 19
By Mark Bopp
Are you interested in learning how you can serve in leadership within the gates of Big Canoe and our surrounding communities? Do you want to learn more about the history of the place you call home? Come join us from 4-6 p.m. on Wednesday, July 19 in the Mountains Grill Room at the Clubhouse at Lake Sconti for a wine and cheese reception to learn about Leadership Big Canoe.
Learn how to contribute your time and talents to make Big Canoe an even better place to live. Leadership Big Canoe (LBC) is the place to help you prepare to join many friends and neighbors as a committed volunteer.
During Leadership Big Canoe you will receive education concerning the development of Big Canoe, its history and growth over the years, the future plan, and how Big Canoe is governed and managed.
In addition, you will participate in a team project designed to address community needs and concerns. Many LBC projects have resulted in an improved living experience within Big Canoe, such as The Knowledge Series, Wellness Collaborative, Healthy Living and 911 implementation.
Classes meet on the second Friday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. beginning in September and running through April with no class scheduled in December. Classes are limited to 30 participants. Many of the past 290+ graduates of LBC have gone on to serve in leadership capacities with the POA, Chapel and other organizations.
The 2017/2018 schedule for our 13th LBC class is as follows:
- September 8: Big Canoe’s History and Culture
- October 13: Big Canoe Governance, Wellness Collaborative, and Long Range Planning
- November 10: Leadership Training
- January 12: The Developer’s Role
- February 9: Big Canoe Operations
- March 9: How Big Canoe Interfaces with Local Communities
- April 13: Big Canoe’s Natural Environment and Volunteer Fair
- April 27: Class Projects and Graduation